The Southend City Activity Awards is back for 2022!
Nominations are now open online here: https://bit.ly/3deTFQA
Nominations close 27th September at 11.59pm. The awards will be held later in the year
All nominees must either live within the City of Southend, or, be a current and competing member of a sports club based within the City, or, go to school in the City.Achievements referred to must be between 1 September 2021 to 31 August 2022 (excluding the Unsung Hero Award). All ages welcome.
The categories this year are:
- Active Club of the Year - A local team that has made a significant impact. This can be success in competition or by having a positive impact on the local community.
- Coach of the Year - A coach who holds a current recognised coaching qualification (all shortlisted nominations will be verified by the appropriate National Governing Body). This should be someone who is committed to providing the highest standard of coaching to their athletes and / or to helping other coaches to develop.
- Unsung Hero - A volunteer who has made an outstanding contribution to local sport. This could be a coach, official, committee member, helper or anyone else who you feel deserves recognition for their dedication. A dedicated volunteer who you feel deserves recognition for their commitments to supporting and developing opportunities for residents in Southend to get active.
- Sports Personality of the Year - A performer who has made a significant impact this year, either individually and/or as part of a team. Must be aged 18 or over on 1st September 2022.
- Young Sports Personality of the Year - A performer who has made a significant impact this year, either individually and/or as part of a team. Must be aged 17 or under on 1st September 2022.
- Wellbeing Award - An individual, organisation or group who support the wellbeing of residents in Southend through the use of physical activity, which has in turn positively impacted participants mental and emotional health.
Any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01702 215410