A wellbeing referral programme is now available. This is to help people get active and keep well, at a low cost.
GP’s will be able to refer residents who are over the age of 16, currently inactive and living with one or more specific health conditions.
There will be a mixture of group classes, one-to-one exercise, gym sessions, swimming, and specialist classes for certain health conditions, such as heart and lung issues and pain management.
The courses include:
- 12 week supervised introduction to physical activity. Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre, Shoeburyness Leisure Centre and Chase Sports and Fitness Centre.
- 12 swims during any public swimming session. Belfairs Swim Centre, Shoeburyness Leisure Centre and Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre.
- Water therapy classes at Belfairs Swim Centre.
- Pulmonary classes at Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre. Low intensity circuit to help improve endurance and the body’s ability to use oxygen efficiently.
- Cardiac rehabilitation classes at Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre. Designed to improve cardiovascular health.
- Pain management course focusing on people with back pain.
Those who do not qualify for a GP referral but still want to access exercise classes, can speak directly to the venues about pay-as-you-go and membership options.
Southend Leisure and Tennis Centre: 01702 613000
Chase Sports and Fitness Centre: 01702 433006
Belfairs Swim Centre: 01702 712155
Shoeburyness Leisure Centre: 01702 293558